Updated guidance re Coronavirus
As a church we want to ensure that all who join us for worship and other activities are confident that we are following guidance that has been issued by both the Methodist and Anglican churches to reduce the risk of Coronavirus. If you would like to see a full copy of the guidance or have any concerns, please speak to a member of the Leadership Team.
With this in mind we are asking:
- that we follow NHS guidance and self-isolate if we have a temperature and/or cough. Do let your pastoral visitor know if you are unable to attend church and they will keep in contact with you by phone.
- that we wash our hands with soap and water and/or use hand gel that is available when we arrive at church.
- we don't shake hands when greeting each other or sharing the peace.
- We are thankful to those who contribute financially each week by regular giving, whether it be a cash offering, through the envelope scheme or by direct debit. Latest guidance asks us not to pass round the offering bags. Therefore the offering plate will be available at the front of the church and we invite those who bring their offering week by week to place it in the plate when they come forward for communion.
- we will be using wafers rather than bread.
- we will not be using the chalice during communion. Instead we will use the small glasses, with non-alcoholic wine served from the silver base and alcoholic wine served from the wooden base. People receiving communion should take their own glass rather than servers handing it to them.
We will not be serving coffee after the service.
As we adapt to these measures, we pray for all those affected by Coronavirus and all those who are involved in work to control and treat it - Thank you - Leadership Team.